[Interview] 191204 TV REPORT


- 'Extraordinary You' seems to be a meaningful project even though It had low ratings. What does the drama mean to Lee Jae Wook?
It's been less than a week since we finished filming but I already miss all the actors and staff. I will remember it for a long time since I got to play a good role in 2019. I think 'Extraordinary You' is like 'a new discovery'. I personally tell myself it was a good accomplishment.

- When I read your photoshoot interview, you said you felt your popularity at your regular coffee, do people recognize you a lot?
I did the interview while I was in the middle of filming 'Extraordinary You', people started to recognize me after 'Search WWW' ended. Employees and part-time workers didn't know me before, but now they asked for my autograph and they even gave me cookies. When 'Extraordinary You' aired, I was so busy and I didn't get to meet anyone, but I sure felt my popularity on filming set. Fans came to see us.

- How was the atmosphere at the wrap up party? Your slightly drunk sns live was a hot topic
I was thankful that fans came to see me, It was my first time receiving bouquets of flowers. So I turned on the live to thank them for their love, the atmosphere at the wrap up party was better than what you saw on sns.

- I think Baek Kyung is the most pitiful character, could you tell us some of these points
I think he is the most tragic character in the drama. Everyone had someone to talk to, a friend, a love next to them. Each person existed for the other except for Baek Kyung...I thought he is the most lonely and tragic character. As the drama went, it got harder and lonelier for him.

- Baek Kyung didn't appear as a college student. what do you think happened to him? do you think he found love too? 
It was an open ending. Isn't possible that he went to another work instead of becoming a college student? I'm happy with Baek Kyung's ending. I was satisfied that he had to lay down all the pain and hardships from 'Secret' world. I think Baek Kyung's ending was good in the drama.

- Baek Kyung's middle forehead became a hot topic
I had it since 'Search WWW', I didn't know I used my face like that. If I acted consciously I wouldn't have done a good job, so I acted without caring much about it

- How did it feel to act sageuk (historical)?
It was so hard. I asked my seniors for a lot of advice. I think I especially kept asking Choi Jin Ho sunbae-nim for advice. If I ever get the opportunity later, I want to act in a sageuk (historical) drama.

- I also saw your sns post about Choi Jin Ho. Did he help you a lot?
Sunbae-nim is a really nice person! When we are on set, he always treated me warmly and I always felt that he was acting for me. I wanted to tell my fans that he is a really nice person.

- Didn't Baek Kyung kill Eun Danoh in 'Trumpet Creeper' and 'Secret' shadows? Many fans were worried that the character got too dark
That's right. In 'Secret' and 'Trumpet Creeper' synopsis, Baek Kyung is introduced as a selfish character and a villain. In 'Secret' he is a member of A3 but mostly a supporting character. Danoh fell in love with Haru and I was the intervening person, I even told the directer that the character is too strong and rough. He said "The villainous is coming from 'Trumpet Creeper', we have to reach a level to link it with the previous work." So in the first half, I showed strong emotions while in the second half, I remember I focused more on showing softer emotions.

- Your most memorable scene?
As I said before, It's the scene were I got comfort by Danoh in episode 15. I cried even on set because It was a sad scene, Baek Kyung has never got comfort for 18 years and Danoh gave him that when he was self-aware. I think it got a lot of empathy from viewers.

- Do you have any characters that you refer to while playing Baek Kyung? 
I thought Yoo Ah In sunbae-nim's character Crown Prince Sado and Kim Woo Bin sunbae-nim's character in 'Heirs' had similar context. But I just took it as a reference. Because there is something Baek Kyung's character can't refer to.

- How was acting with Kim Hye Yoon?
I really get along with Kim Hye Yoon Noona. Our gag code matched well, She is so cheerful and positive, I received a lot energy from her whenever she was on set. We've gotten really close, I wish to work with her on another project. Noona calls me 'oppa' on set because after we finished the script reading I told her that I was playing a character in his 30s in "Search WWW", then she teased me saying that I look like someone is their 30s.

- Rowoon was your rival in the drama but how is it in real life?
Rowoon hyung has a desire to be funny. His personality is the opposite of Haru. I think Rowoon Hyung was the mood maker on set. I'd like to work with him in another project. He is a good hyung and friend.

- As I watched the making videos, you seem to be interested in the production equipment
I think the staff were really good on set. I was fascinated with the equipment so a lot told me "do you want to try it?", I touched all of them and It made me respectful the staff even more. I knew It was hard to direct, and It's not something anyone can do. But If I ever get the opportunity, I want to challenge and try it.

- Is there anything left you want to say to Baek Kyung?
Your 'Trumpet Creeper' character setting and circumstances are not your fault, I want to tell him that. It was a tough environment for a 18 years old to handle and It was a painful character.



- Are you still in touch with 'Search WWW' team? What did Lee Da Hee say?
'Search WWW' and 'Extraordinary You' filming schedules overlapped for a month. Because I had to work on both dramas, my condition on set sometimes wasn't that good. But every time that happens, Da Hee Noona will comfort me and made me feel more relaxed on set.
I think among 'Search WWW', Writer Gwon Do Eun liked 'Extraordinary You'. She she called me a lot of times saying "The drama is really fun". I think she called me on each episode in the beginning.

- In reality, do you prefer someone 'older', 'younger' or 'same age'?
I don't think I have a preference. I also don't have a fixed ideal type. I just want someone I can connect with, positive and loves her work.

- Your parents must be happy that their son is doing well
I still live with my parents and they're really happy. But it's still a bit strange (for them). Knowing my mother's personality I'm sure she is proud but she never said it. (laugh) Noona is too busy...Even If she saw me on tv she finds it weird.

- You choose JTBC's "If the weather is nice, I'll find you" as your next project. What will you be showing us?
I will be playing as Lee Jang Woo, He was raised in Haecheon, he is a cheerful, bright and positive person. I will be showing you opposite charms of Baek Kyung. Recently, I couldn't attend the script reading but I attended the dinner meeting. The director told me that he wants to make a warm drama. All the actors have good personalities so I'm looking forward to it.

- Every work you take on it does well which is good but you must feel burdened
There is a burden with every project. I want to make the character fun for the viewers, I want to show good sight and a good project.

- Your role model? Is there a role you want to do?
I couldn't choose one person as my role model. When I'm on set, all my seniors are amazing and I got to learn a lot from them. If I ever get the opportunity when I get older later, I want to try Ha Jung Woo sunbae-nim's role in 'Nameless Gangster : Rules of the Time'.

- What kind of actor you want to be in the future?
I want to be a better person more than a better actor. Thank you to everyone who loved 'Extraordinary You' the past 2 months.



Source: TV REPORT.
Translated by Lee Jae Wook Fans | leejaewookfans.blogspot.com
Please do not translate to other language without permission. 
Don’t forget to credit Us when sharing! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@leejaewookintl